A detailed, printable schedule for the 2023-2024 year is on the Events Page.
December Meeting: Holiday Party
December 18th – (in person only)
When and Where
If you are interested, but not yet a member, come and meet us! Our meetings are on the third Monday of the month. Doors open at 6:30, meeting starts at 6:45p.m. at Oakwood Village University Woods, 6205 Mineral Point Road, Madison, WI 53507.
- Unstable Design Lab at CU Boulder has a series of talks coming up where a series of artists talk about experimental weaving in their fiber art practice. You can stream them live or watch them later on youtube. https://unstable.design/experimental-weaving-talks/
- Check out the FINE ART & CRAFT SALE for an out for an opportunity to buy some lovely handmade items. October 28 & 29, 2023 | 10am – 4pm at Olbrich Botanical Garden, 3330 Atwood Avenue, Madison WI. https://www.fineartandcraftsale.com
- The Fibershed group is hosting a stash swap Saturday Nov 4th at the Sequoya Library. See this for more info.
- Sunday, December 3, 10:30-11:30am – “Mary Burns: Women and Water” Behind-the-Scenes Tour, James Watrous Gallery, 201 State St., Madison, WI 53703. Join Mary Burns at the James Watrous Gallery for a private, behind-the-scenes tour with the Madison Weavers Guild of her exhibition “Women and Water”. An award-winning fiber artist and master weaver, Burns’ jacquard portraits feature women who work with, advocate for, and protect water across the globe. Featured are scientists, water-walkers, teachers, farmers and healer, all of whom hold deep connections with water. Register here.
- The Handweavers Guild of America, Inc. seeks volunteers to serve on the Convergence® 2024 (July 11-17) Steering Committee. If you are interested, apply here.
- Equipment Policy The new procedure for borrowing Guild equipment can be seen on the Members Only page.
- Here is a podcast that many members will appreciate.
- WEAVE A REAL PEACE (WARP) was founded in 1992 at Weaver’s Convergence as a community of textile people who worked with artisans all over the world in fair trade or development work. They present monthly online panel discussions that are free and open to all.
- The Wisconsin Handweavers Inc. is hoping to host the 2025 Midwest Weavers Conference, probably in the Milwaukee area. Planning is just getting underway. Send ideas about workshops, speakers, teachers, venders etc. to email@example.com.